Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sympathy Cards

Over the past few months I have had to make several sympathy cards, unfortunately.  I always find these types of cards difficult because it is hard to know what will comfort someone else.  Would a religious comment work?  More spiritual? Neither? So I usually go with trees or flowers on the front.  For the sentiment I pick one of the few sympathy stamps I have.  Usually people are comforted by the simple fact that someone has acknowledged their loss.

Here are some pictures - may they inspire someone else to make one of these difficult cards.

Copic markers used for the sky and grass.  Trees stamped with Distress Ink.


Air brushed with Copic markers (a mask was used for the wording to keep the white of the card), then colorless blender was swept over the whole thing.  The bird was cut with a Cricut from patterned paper.

The subtle flowers were stamped using watermark ink.

Flowers & swirls were stamped with watermark ink.

Border cut with a Cricut.



Well that is it for today.  Hey, I posted twice in one month! LOL  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment